1.04.2013

{dining room before & after + plate display}


Happy Friday! I've only been back to work for 3 days but I am sooo excited to have a couple days off again!! As promised, here's a bit of decorating heaven for you to round off the first week of the year. Who doesn't love a satisfying before & after? Here's a fabulous and striking dining room designed by Colleen McGill of McGill Design Group.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

 
Wowzers! I love everything about it, the inky blue walls, the gold-trimmed table, the plush chairs, ginger jars, AND that plate display! It's such a graphic & modern twist on the traditional plate wall. It got me thinking how I'd love to try something like that one day; here are a few other fab examples:

 
I love either blue & white or black and white in a simple symmetrical pattern, and I adore the idea of using Fornasetti plates.

Kelly Wearstler; source unknown
 
Tone on tone is pretty fabulous too:
 
 
Grey and gold could also be amazing:
 
 
What do you think? Are you loving this contemporary take on the plate wall display as much as I am?
 

11 comments:

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...

oh yes! love!! I love the Fornasetti plates so much. These are beautiful and inspiring images. Happy weekend! rest!

Sara Cate said...

I love these styles and vignettes. Such great color combos too.

Diane James Home said...

What a difference a plate makes! Devine design to say the least. Thank you for sharing these beautiful interiors and have a great weekend!

Sabrina @ loulousucre said...

I love it!! Looks awesome!! I really like all of the others as well.

emily@boxwoodclippings.com said...

Love, love, can't wait to get into our new house to find a wall to do it on!

Amelia @ House Pretty said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I have a sad little plate wall that needs some attention - I love the idea of mixing some blue in.

Heather Christo said...

I love this segment! That tonal kitchen and navy blue diningroom are breathtaking!

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

That kitchen is so gorgeous! Love the plate display ideas too. Happy New Year!

Sheila @sZinteriors said...

Wow, what a transformation! You'd never know it was the same space!

Molly@The Nesting Game said...

Love it! Wow, what a change!

The Kelly Wearstler reference was the inspiration for our plate wall too. She's got the touch!
http://thenestinggame.com/nest-tour-2/nest-tour-master-bedroom/

Anonymous said...

Love the dining room- what is the name of the blue paint color?

Related Posts with Thumbnails