11.12.2012

{understated holiday glamour}

Happy Monday, and to my Canadian and US readers happy holiday Monday!

Well, being as Christmas-crazy as I am, the decorating has officially begun around here :) I was totally inspired by the simple Christmas decor in the home of interior designer Ingrid Oomen featured in the December issue of House & Home. Love the calm palette in her entire home!

Ingrid used branches dressed with ornaments and simple greenery like handsome potted boxwoods to create a festive mood:

 
 
 
 
Aahhhh, what I wouldn't give for those amazing black french doors off of my own kitchen! And I had wished to do a wall of subway tile just like the one below if I could have afforded it at the time ...
 
 
 
 
Love it! Here's a question; does seeing Christmas stuff barely mid-November get you excited or drive you crazy? I myself am definitely of the former group ;)
 

8 comments:

emily@boxwoodclippings.com said...

Beautiful home! I am struggling with trying to enjoy the season I'm in and forcing myself not to pull out the tree, wreaths + garlands! Just a few more weeks....:)

Sheryl said...

It gets me very excited! My husband requests we wait until after Remembrance Day before we begin decorating but we did have the lights put up outside last week. In rainy Vancouver, the twinkle of white lights is just what November needs :-)

Dawna said...

Wow her home is absolutely dreamy !Understated is so the way to go!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

I could have sworn that house was in Montreal! The architecture is so similar! Absolutely stunning!

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

beautiful! Such lovely decor...quiet and peaceful.

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

My oh my oh my my my ........ love this, every part of this ....... can't stop looking and taking notes. I love what Albertina said, its quiet and peaceful. Ahhhh

Jeane M. said...

Brilliant! Christmas mood is in the air. Love these ornamented branch ideas in here. Got my eye on your next posts.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

those doors are KILLING ME!

Related Posts with Thumbnails