3.28.2012

{tabletop inspiration: blue & white ginger jars}

I'm always looking for styling tips and tricks I can try, and this is one of my favorites. Grouping blue & white ginger jars adds instant drama to any tabletop. I think the trick is to work in odd numbers, and include different shapes, heights, and widths. Filled with flowers? Even better.


Style me Pretty - love the lids alongside

One of my favorite examples is in a dining room designed by Grant K. Gibson, I love the entire room, but the vignette on the table really captured me.


Grant K. Gibson - that painted wood floor, to die for!


Selection of Ginger Jars from the extensive collection via Bombay & Co.

I've got 2 beautiful jars in my home, one antique and one from Bombay & Co., but I am pretty convinced that I need a few more to try this styling trick. I think one of my favorite things about these pieces is that they can appear uber traditional or totally fresh and modern in a different setting. Are you crushing on this look like I am?

13 comments:

Haus and Home said...

Blue and white ginger jars are my weakness. I never get tired of these images! I love how you jut features table settings with them! Love it!

Haus and Home said...

p.s. I just saw Bombay on there...I remember them, and then they shut down. Are they back online now? Cool, I do remember they had blue and white stuff!

Macarena Martínez said...

I like how the color palette of Grant K Gibson's dining room seems to be built around the artwork on the wall. Love the contrast betweent the green chairs and the blue chinoiserie! The floor and the wooden doors are to die for! I'm not a fan of that lamp, but it's nice how it reminds of a cherry tree branch, following the oriental mood. Gonna check this Grant Gibson's portfolio. Huge hug!

Donna @ dh designs said...

I've been crushing on ginger jars for years! And blue and white is such a striking combination. Perfect combination of form and contrast. There's so much I love about the Gibson room apart from the tablescape - like the floor, the walls and that light fixture ---- wow!

Great post - thanks for sharing Nancy!

Ps: for Haus and Home: we have Bombay and Co. Stores in Ottawa, Canada that have opened in the last year or so.

barbara@hodge:podge said...

I am so with you on the this one! I LOVE blue and white china. I have been wanting some ginger jars and am on the hunt! I forgot about Bombay and Co!

Diane James Home said...

Love anything blue & white - interiors, clothing, porcelain... - it always seems current and modern if if it is traditional. Thanks for the inspiration, Cynthia

Alison said...

I love these jars. My grandma always had them so they remind me of her :)

www.stylingmylife.com

Sam [The Peak of Tres Chic] said...

Nancy- I am really loving these! I like the pictures you found that showed them as centerpieces. So beautiful!

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Lisa Mende Design said...

I love blue and white! Great Post Nancy!

Brillante Interiors said...

Gorgeous images! My favorite is Grant Gibson's, the chairs, the light, the flowers...

mwaxter said...

What an inspirational post. I got some great ideas for the Easter brunch for 24 I am hosting!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

I bought a jar at Ikea similar to the ones shown above probably about 15 years ago and I still have it. It's a classic piece and lovely.

Ashlina {TheDecorista} said...

love the blue ginger jars.

xoxo
ashlina
www.thedecorista.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails