Sunday, February 14, 2010

{making an entrance}


We have a little 1980’s rancher that needed a lot of love when we first moved in a couple of years ago. And it is still a work in progress! I figure what better spot to show you first than the first thing you see when you come in! Here is our front entrance, before and after the work that we had done. The before pics are from the first time we viewed the house before we bought it. (Note: you can click on the pics to enlarge them).


Check out the gold sconces on the wall, what a blast from the past!



We painted the walls Benjamin Moore’s 'Revere Pewter', one of my favorite paint colors.



You can see below that we had the cedar ceiling covered over with drywall, it made the entry way so much brighter!



Mirror: Thomasville, table: Costco, rug: Bowring, wall sconces: Home Depot, table-top accessories: all from HomeSense.

It feels much more like home now, and a lot less like a time warp back to 1986! I will continue to post some of the changes we have made thus far, and hopefully some new projects we will take on as spring approaches. Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

P.S. I love this... said...

I love your foyer makeover. That paint color is divine. I've been looking for a true gray colored paint, think I may have found it. Thank you for sharing.

Kip said...

I love your home! I'm wondering if you could tell me more about the store HomeSense?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

© 2010-2017 Nancy Marcus. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas